perl-dev mailing list archives

From "Philip M. Gollucci" <pgollu...@p6m7g8.com>
Subject Re: updating docs on perl.apache.org
Date Sun, 28 May 2006 06:56:00 GMT
>>> Does someone know how to check if the generation
>>> of the perl.apache.org html docs from the svn repository
>>> is working?
Yes, it was borked.  I've fixed it and just fired off a manual full regen.

For reference see docs/trunk/README.SITE for these instructions.

ssh apache.org
sudo -H -u perlwww bash

bash-2.05b$
/home/perlwww/apache.org/modperl-docs/bin/site_build_force_pdf_index
/x1/home/perlwww/apache.org/modperl-docs-svn
Bash-2.05b$

hmm that seemed to have worked, but it clearly isn't.  On a hunch, in
file /home/perlwww/apache.org/modperl-docs/bin/site_build_force_pdf_index
in sub update(), I changed the system("svn update....") command so its
output wasn't sent to /dev/null and see this when I try it again

svn: Working copy 'src/docs/1.0/os' locked
svn: run 'svn cleanup' to remove locks (type 'svn help cleanup' for details)

Thus to fix:
bash-2.05b$ cd /x1/home/perlwww/apache.org/modperl-docs-svn
bash-2.05b$ svn cleanup

I wonder if its worth making the script smater to account for this
as this is now the second time thats happened since I've been around.