perl-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Hay <steve....@uk.radan.com>
Subject Re: Apache/2.2.2 on Win32
Date Wed, 24 May 2006 10:18:44 GMT
Randy Kobes wrote:
> On Tue, 23 May 2006, Randy Kobes wrote:
>
>> On Win32 (ActivePerl 817, based on perl-5.8.8), there
>> are a few failures using Apache/2.2.2 with the svn
>> mod_perl sources. One set of failures is the
>> apr-ext tests:
> [ ... ]
>
> The problem with these tests turned out to be that
> mp2 is using the config scripts for apr and apu
> to be named apr-1-config and apu-1-config (as
> is found in Apache/2.2), but the Win32 scripts
> I had made up were using the old names of apr-config
> and apu-config (this had the effect of not defining
> MP_HAVE_APR_LIBS in the top-level Makefile.PL). I've updated these
> scripts on the perl.apache.org site to
> use the new names, and after reinstalling these,
> and making a small change in the xs/APR/APR/Makefile.PL
> to allow for the "1" in libapr-1.lib, these problems
> with the apr-ext tests disappear.
>
> There's still some individual failures of some
> tests on Win32 with Apache/2.2, but these are
> unrelated to the above problem.

Excellent. Thanks again, Randy! I only have a couple of other test
failures left in my configuration too now:

Failed Test       Stat Wstat Total Fail  Failed  List of Failed
t\api\status.t                   6    2  33.33%  4-5
t\apr-ext\finfo.t               27    4  14.81%  11-12 25-26
t\apr\finfo.t                   28    4  14.29%  12-13 26-27
11 tests and 36 subtests skipped.
Failed 3/240 test scripts, 98.75% okay. 10/2400 subtests failed, 99.58%
okay.

Radan Computational Ltd.

and intended for the addressee(s) only. If you have received this message in error or there
are any problems, please notify the sender immediately. The unauthorized use, disclosure,
copying or alteration of this message is strictly forbidden. Note that any views or opinions
of Radan Computational Ltd. The recipient(s) of this message should check it and any attached
virus transmitted by this email.