perl-dev mailing list archives

From Darryl Miles <darryl-mailingli...@netbauds.net>
Subject Re: MP2.0.2 + HTTPD 2.2.0 Linux test failures (libaprutil-1.so.0: cannot open shared object file)
Date Thu, 18 May 2006 10:53:09 GMT
Joe Orton wrote:
> On Thu, May 04, 2006 at 01:55:01PM +0100, Darryl Miles wrote:
> It's relatively simple to fix at least such that the tests work; the
> generated Makefile could set an LD_LIBRARY_PATH in the environment
> passed to t/TEST (PASSENV).  But this wouldn't help the installed case;
> if you tried to use the Perl XS modules outside of httpd, then they
> could still fail to find the dependent libraries.

This is the only case I am requesting a fix for, the "make test" case.

The installed case it upto the system administrator and modperl2 release
notes to deal with from their /opt/apache/bin/apachectl script.  As it
becomes a more general apache-httpd installation issue.  The RPATH
suggestion was one way I know of to solve that but isn't the primary
reason for my mail.

"make test" should work out-the-box (if it can be made to) on as many
platforms as possible, this benefits the MP2 community with working
regression testing from the user end.

Darryl