perl-dev mailing list archives

From "Philip M. Gollucci" <pgollu...@p6m7g8.com>
Subject Re: MP2.0.2 + HTTPD 2.2.0 Linux test failures (libaprutil-1.so.0: cannot open shared object file)
Date Fri, 05 May 2006 23:24:37 GMT
Darryl Miles wrote:

> I am auditing upgrading my development systems for HTTP 2.2.0 usage and
> thought I should bring your attention the failed test cases.  The host
> linux system does not have any apache 2.2.x installation and no system
> libaprutil-1 library, it does have a libaprutil-0 system library.  I do
> not think it is necessary to have to configure /etc/ld.so.conf to add
> the custom apache build location in order for ld.so to find the library.
> My HTTPD was configured with a prefix=/opt/apache2_prefork.
>

> I configured MP2 with:
>
> $ perl Makefile.PL MP_APXS=/opt/apache2_prefork/bin/apxs
> MP_APR_CONFIG=/opt/apache2_prefork/bin/apr-1-config
>

> The basic error is with loading libaprutil-1.so.0 which I have as a file
This isn't actually mod_perl's fault.
*-0 vs *-1 libraries and binaries are from DIFFERNT major versions of APR/APRUTIL.

If they happen to be in your path (you said they are), then they get found and
use even if you wan't them to (and sometimes if you specify not too).  The
easiest solution is to move them out side of any lib/bin PATHs and then compile
httpd and let it install its own apr/apr-util.

After that, the mod_perl compile with will use the apr-1-config and such will
return the correct paths.

Using ld.so.conf will likely not work.  It might fix this error, but it was
cause others.

HTH