perl-dev mailing list archives

From "Philippe M. Chiasson" <go...@ectoplasm.org>
Subject Re: Connection pnotes
Date Mon, 13 Mar 2006 22:40:25 GMT
Geoffrey Young wrote:
>>Passes all tests, but I see tons (66 to be precise) of this warning in the
>>error_log, geoff ?
>>
>>"Use of uninitialized value in caller at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.6/Test.pm line 374."
>
> yeah, I suspect that's because I'm playing around with how things are
> planned, etc.

This seems to make the problem go away, but I am not sure if that's where it
belongs:

sub handler {

    my $r = shift;

    # make it ok to call ok() here while plan()ing elsewhere
    Apache::Test::init_test_pm($r);

+   Test::_reset_globals() if Test->can('_reset_globals');
    $Test::ntest   = 1 + (22 * ($r->args - 1));
    $Test::planned = 22;

> it will probably be easier for me to muck with the tests once they are
> committed.  to that end, let's get the functionality to where it needs to be
> then I'll work on recreating and removing the warnings.

If the patch looks good to you, I'll check it in and we should be good.

Oh, and I forgot one other benefit of the patch, it merges in the pool cleanup
patch I send before, removing the pnotes cleanup from mod_perl's guts and into
a pool cleanup only when used.