perl-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>
Subject Re: Does mp2 support httpd-2.2.0?
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2006 20:51:09 GMT
On Mon, 20 Feb 2006, Steve Hay wrote:

> I've been trying to build mod_perl-2.0.2 with httpd-2.2.0 on Win32 and found
> that it doesn't work very smoothly.
> First of all, "perl Configure.pl --with-apache2=C:/apache2" had trouble
> finding the Apache.exe because it is now called httpd.exe; I later found that
> there is a --with-apache-prog argument to help out there.
> Then "perl Makefile.PL MP_AP_PREFIX=C:/apache2" threw a wobbly complaining
> that it couldn't find libapr.lib and libaprutil.lib.  These are now called
> libapr-1.lib and libaprutil-1.lib; copying them (and their DLL's) to the
> names expected by Makefile.PL sorted that out, but it isn't ideal.
> After that it all built OK, but "nmake test" complains:
> mod_perl 2 was built against Apache sources, we don't know where httpd/apxs
> executables are, therefore skipping the test suite execution at
> C:\Temp\mod_perl-2.0.2\Apache-Test\lib/Apache/TestConfig.pm line 380.
> I'm not sure how to get around that one.
> Is it supposed to work with httpd-2.2.0 yet or not?
> The README only mentions 2.0.55, but then again, it also describes itself as
> "2.0-tobe", so this is possibly out-of-date.  (The STATUS file is also
> out-of-date.)

I think Geoff especially knows more about this, but from
what I understand, httpd-2.2.0 should build and work in
principle under mp2. Two of the problems you describe:
- change Apache.exe to httpd.exe;
- change names of apr and aprutil libs;
look like they may be Win32-specific changes that are
needed; I'll try to take a look at this in soon. I'm not
sure about the other error of not knowing where the
execuatables are - it may be related to the name change of
the apache executable - I'll also take a look at this.

--
best regards,
Randy