perl-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Hay <steve....@uk.radan.com>
Subject Does mp2 support httpd-2.2.0?
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2006 11:45:05 GMT
I've been trying to build mod_perl-2.0.2 with httpd-2.2.0 on Win32 and
found that it doesn't work very smoothly.

First of all, "perl Configure.pl --with-apache2=C:/apache2" had trouble
finding the Apache.exe because it is now called httpd.exe; I later found
that there is a --with-apache-prog argument to help out there.

Then "perl Makefile.PL MP_AP_PREFIX=C:/apache2" threw a wobbly
complaining that it couldn't find libapr.lib and libaprutil.lib.  These
are now called libapr-1.lib and libaprutil-1.lib; copying them (and
their DLL's) to the names expected by Makefile.PL sorted that out, but
it isn't ideal.

After that it all built OK, but "nmake test" complains:

mod_perl 2 was built against Apache sources, we don't know where
httpd/apxs executables are, therefore skipping the test suite execution
at C:\Temp\mod_perl-2.0.2\Apache-Test\lib/Apache/TestConfig.pm line 380.

I'm not sure how to get around that one.

Is it supposed to work with httpd-2.2.0 yet or not?

The README only mentions 2.0.55, but then again, it also describes
itself as "2.0-tobe", so this is possibly out-of-date.  (The STATUS file
is also out-of-date.)

Radan Computational Ltd.

and intended for the addressee(s) only. If you have received this message in error or there
are any problems, please notify the sender immediately. The unauthorized use, disclosure,
copying or alteration of this message is strictly forbidden. Note that any views or opinions
of Radan Computational Ltd. The recipient(s) of this message should check it and any attached
virus transmitted by this email.