perl-dev mailing list archives

From "Philippe M. Chiasson" <go...@ectoplasm.org>
Subject Re: Connection pnotes
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2006 22:18:03 GMT
Geoffrey Young wrote:

> Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
>
>>Geoff,
>>
>>http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/modperl/2871864
>>
>>I never saw this get committed .......... ?
>>
>>What needs to happen for that ?
>

> I think I was waiting for him to get back to me with some real test results,
> which IIRC he said he would do when he could upgrade :)
>
> remarks on the list as to the thread safety made me a bit nervous about
> commiting this particular bit, just because I don't have a clue when it
> comes to threads.  but if someone with a clue takes a look and think it
> looks ok I'll be happy to commit.

looks like something is missing from that patch:

ConnectionUtil.xs: In function 'XS_Apache2__Connection_pnotes':
ConnectionUtil.xs:36: warning: implicit declaration of function 'mpxs_Apache2__Connection_pnotes'
ConnectionUtil.xs:36: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
make[3]: *** [ConnectionUtil.o] Error 1