perl-dev mailing list archives

From "Philippe M. Chiasson" <go...@ectoplasm.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r372010 - /perl/modperl/trunk/src/modules/perl/modperl_cmd.c
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2006 02:01:20 GMT
Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
>>-    if(0 == strncasecmp(arg, "+inherit", 8)) {
>>+    if (0 == strncasecmp(arg, "+inherit", 8)) {
>>        modperl_cmd_options(parms, mconfig, "+InheritSwitches");
>>    }
>>    else {
>>
> Isn't the normal c idiom
> if (!strncasecmp(....) ?
>
> I don't think I've ever seen that form.... (though correct)

I don't know about 'normal c idiom', but I've always stated strcmp statements
like that. I guess it's just my way of being explicit. I don't have to ask myself
'which of 1, 0, -1 is true again?'.

I didn't notice it was the first time ever something like that made it into svn.
I don't mind changing it for consistency's sake.

A quick grep shows this is indeed the only instance, but there are quite a few
similar usages in [httpd/modules/ldap/*, so I am not alone at the ASF ;-)