perl-dev mailing list archives

From "Philip M. Gollucci" <pgollu...@p6m7g8.com>
Subject Re: module naming question
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2006 02:59:16 GMT
Frank Wiles wrote:
>   Yeah I thought that Apache2:: and ModPerl:: might be reserved for
>   core as well, but I'm glad I asked.
>
>   Ok next question.  It's safe to assume that the ModPerl:: space will
>   be for MP2 and future versions right, since it didn't exist in MP1?
>   What I have only works with MP2 and I don't want to put it in a space
>   where people will assume it will work with both.
Modperl:: or Apache2::
will work for this purpose.

A module in Apache:: works under httpd 1.x and MIGHT work under httpd 2.x

Had I been around a little earlier, I might have said use ModPerl2::

so that when mp3 comes around ModPerl3

is the natural extension --- but hey ... no biggie.

"Love is not the one you can picture yourself marrying,
but the one you can't picture the rest of your life without."

"I wanna hold ya till I die ... I wanna hold ya till the fear in me
subsides."