perl-dev mailing list archives

From Frank Wiles <fr...@wiles.org>
Subject Re: module naming question
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2006 02:39:17 GMT
On Mon, 09 Jan 2006 18:29:49 -0800
Stas Bekman <stas@stason.org> wrote:

> Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
> > Stas Bekman wrote:
> >
> >> Probably ModPerl:: is the best fit, IMHO :) Though you may have
> >> more popularity with /Apache/ in case people aren't aware about
> >> the existance of the ModPerl:: namespace.
> >
> > Was I mistakenly under the impression that Modperl:: was reserved
> > for modperl core ?
>
> Not at all.
>
> Apache2:: - apache2  stuff
> APR::     - apr      stuff
> ModPerl:: - mod_perl stuff
>
> Most people keep using Apache by intertia (or because their module
> existed before ModPerl:: was invented (tm))

  Yeah I thought that Apache2:: and ModPerl:: might be reserved for
  core as well, but I'm glad I asked.

  Ok next question.  It's safe to assume that the ModPerl:: space will
  be for MP2 and future versions right, since it didn't exist in MP1?
  What I have only works with MP2 and I don't want to put it in a space
  where people will assume it will work with both.