perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r357236 - /perl/modperl/trunk/src/modules/perl/modperl_env.c
Date Sat, 17 Dec 2005 02:56:45 GMT
Philippe M. Chiasson wrote:
> Stas Bekman wrote:
>
>>gozer@apache.org wrote:
>>

>>>Author: gozer
>>>Date: Fri Dec 16 13:20:23 2005
>>>New Revision: 357236

>>>Log:
>>>"local %ENV;" caused Segmentation fault in modperl_env_request_tie()
>>>
>>>Reported-By:  Peter Walsham <peter@axomic.com>
>>
>>a bug fix w/o adding a test?
>

> Well, the test would cause a segfault, so figured it wasn't such a good idea
> to add it.

I'm not following you Philippe, you've fixed it. Isn't that how all tests
are written? You first write a test, you then fix it and then you commit
the test and the fix, no?

> But now that the fix is in, I guess I could make a test case to make
> sure it now works. Good point Stas ;-)
>
> Expect test case soon.

gozer++

> Which reminds me, it would be nice to have a bug/ test categorie for such gems
> that don't fit very nicely anywhere else.

This test fits perfectly into the main test suite. But yes, we need to
have a new directory for other tests. Long ago I've suggested t_extra.