perl-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: 2.0.3 and httpd 2.2
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2005 14:52:46 GMT

Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm thinking we should roll the 2.0.3 release soonish.
>
> 1.  Fix the Apache2::Reload regression with mod_perl.pm
>
> 2.  Update the docs to say we support 2.2.0 to avoid endless stream
>   of questions.  I got a lot of that in the Tutorial at AC05.

"support" is an odd word.  I think we "support" that it will compile and,
now that 2.2 is official, that things that worked with 2.0 will continue to
work with 2.2.  we do not "support" things that are new with 2.2, such as
the provider mechanism.  IIRC there was also some filter foo that changed
with 2.2 that stas was interested in, though I can't recall the details.

> I'm fine with the SVN as it stands just being a release with 2 changes.
>
> Thoughts -- I'll RM again

the two things that I'd like to get out in the next release are

  - make sure that 2.2 tests cleanly, which apparenty it doesn't.

  - remove the pod glue that's probably pointless now and adds a truckload
of time to the install process

not saying that I have the free tuits for either of these, but we certainly
can't say that we support 2.2 if the tests don't pass...

--Geoff