perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: [mp2] segfault during configuration via push_handlers PerlInputFilterHandler
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2005 17:08:36 GMT
Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
> Stas Bekman wrote:
>
>> In case someone is interested in solving this config time segfault,
>> I've attached an A-T tarball that reproduces it. I've tried to merge
>> it into the mp2 test suite, but I can't reproduce it there, since
>> filterhandlers are already configured via httpd.conf and the stack is
>> initialized, so mpxs_Apache2__ServerRec_push_handlers on
>> PerlInputFilterHandler works. I suppose we should start that t_extra
>> directory and drop there all the odd test suites which can't be fit
>> into the main test suite.
>
> Not to nit pick, but from the README
>
> after all that, you can send mail to the mod_perl list
> (modperl@perl.apache.org) , preferably
> with a link to a place where the tarball can be found.
> please do not attach the tarball.  thanks.
>
> Which do we actually prefer ?

The reason it's attached is to make sure it won't get lost. Sending a URL
is not a good thing in that case, since the item may disappear later on.

That README was written when all (well, almost all) bug reports were
processed and were taken care of as soon as they came in. I guess if
that's no longer the case, then you may want to change that description.