perl-dev mailing list archives

From "Christopher H. Laco" <cl...@chrislaco.com>
Subject Re: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] mod_perl-2.0.2 RC1
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2005 22:13:46 GMT
Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
> Geoffrey Young wrote:
>

>> I thought so to, but it looks like we had test cases for 2.1 and greater,
>> and 2.0.X.  the 2.1 cases were removed because > 2.1 was finally brought
>> into sync with 2.0.X.
>>
>> in other words, I don't think your change did anything.
>>
>> on the other hand, chris is getting 2.1-type numbers.  this is how it
>> used
>> to look, for example
>>
>> -        my $cl      = have_min_apache_version(2.1) ? 25 : 0;
>> -        my $head_cl = have_min_apache_version(2.1) ? $cl : undef;
>>
>> so chris is getting 25 instead of 0 and undef, which is how 2.1 used to
>> report back things.  I can't recall a single failure of this test that
>> wasn't 2.1-specific...
>
> Agreed, yeah, I was kind of confused.
>

>> I'm starting to think that ubuntu is taking some major liberties with
>> it's
>> distribution, but who knows.

It's official. The 2.0.53 apache2 install in Ubuntu has been molested
somehow.

I downloaded 2.0.53 and 2.0.54 from apache.org, compiled them, installed
them into my home directory, and reran mod_perl 2.0.2-dev against both.
All tests pass.

I'm in the mood to send a nastygram to whoever's doing that package, but
I wouldn't know what to say.

-=Chris