perl-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] mod_perl-2.0.2 RC1
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2005 19:06:25 GMT

Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
> Christopher H. Laco wrote:
>
>> http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/modperl/2849479
>
> t/apache/content_length_header.t               27    3  11.11%  2 5 17
> # testing : GET /TestApache__content_length_header C-L header
> # expected: 0
> # received: undef
> not ok 2
> # testing : GET /TestApache__content_length_header?set_content_length
> C-L header
> # expected: 0
> # received: 25
> not ok 5
> # testing : HEAD /TestApache__content_length_header?set_content_length
> C-L header
> # expected: undef
> # received: 25
> not ok 17
>
> That may have been me.  I tweaked this test to work in 2.0.54 and SVN
> HEAD aka 2.1.x tobe 2.2.
>
> Might have borked something in 2.0.53.  At any rate, this is likely just
> the test thats in error. I'll look into this tonight.

I thought so to, but it looks like we had test cases for 2.1 and greater,
and 2.0.X.  the 2.1 cases were removed because > 2.1 was finally brought
into sync with 2.0.X.

in other words, I don't think your change did anything.

on the other hand, chris is getting 2.1-type numbers.  this is how it used
to look, for example

-        my $cl      = have_min_apache_version(2.1) ? 25 : 0;
-        my $head_cl = have_min_apache_version(2.1) ? $cl : undef;

so chris is getting 25 instead of 0 and undef, which is how 2.1 used to
report back things.  I can't recall a single failure of this test that
wasn't 2.1-specific...

I'm starting to think that ubuntu is taking some major liberties with it's
distribution, but who knows.

at any rate, you should know that the t/apache tests are there only for
informative reasons.  basically content_length_header.t is letting you know
how httpd-proper will behave wrt the C-L header under various conditions.
specifically, it doesn't reflect on mod_perl beyond how mod_perl allows you
to twiddle httpd things - the test failure is just letting you know that
2.0.53 should be behaving a specific way and it isn't (and that it's httpd's
fault and not mod_perl's).

so, for that test specifically don't worry about it.  I guess.  I mean, if
various distributions are going to package httpd but muck with it's innards,
there's not much we can do about it...

--Geoff