perl-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Hay <steve....@uk.radan.com>
Subject svn.apache.org server certificate
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2005 14:59:03 GMT
Just checking out mp2 and I received this when it reached Apache-Test:

Fetching external item into 'mod_perl-2.0\Apache-Test'
Error validating server certificate for 'https://svn.apache.org:443':
  - The certificate is not issued by a trusted authority. Use the
    fingerprint to validate the certificate manually!
Certificate information:
  - Hostname: svn.apache.org
  - Valid: from Jan 26 14:18:55 2005 GMT until Jan 26 14:18:55 2007 GMT
  - Issuer: http://www.starfieldtech.com/repository, Starfield
Technologies, Inc.
, Scottsdale, Arizona, US
  - Fingerprint: 19:51:6b:9b:03:78:2b:4b:0f:02:77:ed:2a:85:ef:93:ed:b6:ff:95
(R)eject, accept (t)emporarily or accept (p)ermanently?

Is this normal? I haven't seen it happen before.

How does one "use the fingerprint to validate the certificate manually"?

The (mis-named) http://perl.apache.org/contribute/cvs_howto.html page
makes no mention of this.  Perhaps it should?

Radan Computational Ltd.

and intended for the addressee(s) only. If you have received this message in error or there
are any problems, please notify the sender immediately. The unauthorized use, disclosure,
copying or alteration of this message is strictly forbidden. Note that any views or opinions
of Radan Computational Ltd. The recipient(s) of this message should check it and any attached
virus transmitted by this email.