perl-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] mod_perl-2.0.2 RC1
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2005 12:51:37 GMT

> By my count, thats 2 +1s.  I'll have some A-T feedback later this weekend.

just as a reminder, the ASF is really trying to enforce "three +1 from pmc
members" prior to any official release coming from ASF projects, regardless
of how many +1s something gets from committers.

here's my +1, which makes 2 pmc votes for 2.0.2.  randy, perrin, joe?  :)

and, just for the record, while I see the reason for this (ASF needs to
follow procedure to ensure proper vetting of code to maintain it's and our
legal protection, etc) I also know it kinda adds a layer of foo to the way
we've always operated (doug or stas or whoever just pouring out releases to
CPAN) that I think spoils our little community.  but it's really not an
option, so we need to do this...

also, philip, make sure you contact another core developer with the official
tarball you'll release to CPAN so they can give it one final spin, check for
all the files, verify the gpg sig, etc.  same for A-T.  I'll be gone from
this evening through sunday but will be on irc on monday (irc.freenode.net
#apache and irc.perl.org #perl-qa) if you want me to fill that role.

--Geoff