perl-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Hay <steve....@uk.radan.com>
Subject Re: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] mod_perl-2.0.2 RC1
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2005 09:33:56 GMT
Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
> A release candidate for mod_perl 2.0.2 is now available for testing.
>
> Please grab the candidate from
>
> http://people.apache.org/~pgollucci/mp2/mod_perl-2.0.2-dev.tar.gz

Testing on WinXP with perl-5.8.7 and apache-2.0.54 I find that it all
builds OK, but the test suite doesn't run.

Apache2 is installed in C:\apache2.  I also have an Apache1 installed in
C:\apache.  This has never caused me any problems before.

I ran:

perl Makefile.PL MP_AP_PREFIX=C:/apache2
nmake
nmake test

and the last command came back with the error:

waiting 300 seconds for server to start: .Syntax error on line 12 of
C:/Temp/mod_perl-2.0.2-dev/t/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load C:/apache/modules/mod_status.so into server: The specified
module could not be found.

Sure enough, the above cited httpd.conf file contains various mentions
of C:\apache rather than C:\apache2.

I tried adding C:\apache2\bin to the PATH (which I don't believe I've
had to do before, but I thought I'd try it anyway), but it made no
difference.

mp2-2.0.1 worked fine on the same system with the same perl and apache.

Radan Computational Ltd.

and intended for the addressee(s) only. If you have received this message in error or there
are any problems, please notify the sender immediately. The unauthorized use, disclosure,
copying or alteration of this message is strictly forbidden. Note that any views or opinions
of Radan Computational Ltd. The recipient(s) of this message should check it and any attached
virus transmitted by this email.