perl-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Hay <steve....@uk.radan.com>
Subject Re: towards a 2.07 release
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2005 08:32:42 GMT
Joe Schaefer wrote:
> Steve Hay <steve.hay@uk.radan.com> writes:
>

>>#define PerlLIO_link(oldname, newname)    link((oldname), (newname))
>>#define link            win32_link
>

> Ew.
>
> [...]
>

>>I'm sure not where this needs fixing -- Perl, mod_perl, or libapreq --
>>but now would be a good time whichever of those it is to be!
>

> IMO submit a tested patch to libapreq's Param.xs that does this
> (where MY_PLATFORM is suitably defined to match the above):
>
> #ifdef MY_PLATFORM
> #undef PerlLIO_link
> #define PerlLIO_link(oldname, newname)   win32_link(oldname, newname)
> #endif

OK, patch attached does exactly that.  With this patch in place
libapreq2-2.07-rc1 now builds without error, and all tests pass too.

(This is using perl-5.8.7, apache-2.0.54 and mod_perl-2.0.1 on WinXP
with VC++ 6.)

Radan Computational Ltd.

and intended for the addressee(s) only. If you have received this message in error or there
are any problems, please notify the sender immediately. The unauthorized use, disclosure,
copying or alteration of this message is strictly forbidden. Note that any views or opinions
of Radan Computational Ltd. The recipient(s) of this message should check it and any attached
virus transmitted by this email.