perl-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject maintainer mode (was Re: httpd 2.3.01 and t/modules/proxy.t)
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2005 15:08:58 GMT

Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
> Geoffrey Young wrote:
>
>> to that end, this patch seems to do the trick.  tested against 2.0.54 and
>> httpd trunk.  someone else will need to test 2.0.47 since I'm getting odd
>> compile warnings and coredumps in httpd at the moment on fc3
>> (unrelated to
>> mod_perl) for that version.
>

> While I'm thinking about it, from SOURCE, not ports on FreeBSD,
>
> 2.0.48 -> 2.0.50 of httpd with threaded apr don't compile on FreeBSD
> undermaintainer mode because or apr_threadmutex.c warnings/errors.

I don't worry about official releases compiling without errors or under
maintainer mode - they're already out there, so there's nothing we can do to
change the compile warnings or errors that exist.

but you're right, I wasn't thinking that the issue could be the extra flags
maintainer mode added.  I was just thinking it was the difference between my
old (pre drive failure) fc1 install where everything was fine and my new
(post new drive) fc3 install.

> 2.0.47 bus core dumps when you attempt to run it despite compiling under
> maintainer mode.
> I believe this is your same core dump mentioned above.

yeah, sounds like it.  mod_perl won't even build for me because httpd -l
dumps core

$ gdb /apache/2.0.47/prefork/perl-5.8.7/bin/httpd
(gdb) run -l
[Switching to Thread -151487584 (LWP 31636)]
0x080785b7 in register_hooks ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x080785b7 in register_hooks ()
#1  0x080675b0 in ap_setup_prelinked_modules (process=0x92df120) at config.c:645
#2  0x0806a937 in main (argc=2, argv=0xfef17724) at main.c:439

> so FreeBSD looks like 2.0.51 threaded and 2.0.48 not threaded

but no port or rpm system should be building with maintainer flags, right?