perl-dev mailing list archives

From "Philip M. Gollucci" <pgollu...@p6m7g8.com>
Subject new MP_ option MP_LIB_DESTDIR
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2005 23:25:18 GMT
Hi,

would it be worth while / useful to have another option to install the
MP2 related *.pm/*.so files somewhere outside the PERL lib tree?  In my
thoughts, this would be used in tandem with MP_AP_DESTDIR.

I ask because, when I want to have lots of perl/httpd/mp2 combinations
installed, can threaded vs non threaded installs be installed in the same perl
tree? Of course if it doesn't matter, and I just have to load the corerct
mod_perl.so library, stop reading, and let me. :)

At the moment, to be safe, I use completely different installed bases for each
combo:

i.e.

5.8.7_2.0.54_prefok/httpd
5.8.7_2.0.54_prefok/perl

5.8.7-ithreads_2.0.54_worker/httpd
5.8.7-ithreads_2.0.54_worker/perl

5.9.3-ithreads_2.3.0_worker/httpd
5.9.3-ithreads_2.3.0_worker/perl

I know a lot of it is redundant particullarly the httpd installs, but I'm sure
this way that I don't conflict with things.

With the above flag, I could do, and then in startup.pl, I could
unshift, @INC, "mp2-worker" or "mp2-prefork" as the case may be.

httpd-1.3.33

httpd-2.0.54
   worker