perl-dev mailing list archives

From "Philip M. Gollucci" <pgollu...@p6m7g8.com>
Subject Re: MP2 + Bleedperl broken
Date Sun, 21 Aug 2005 01:56:08 GMT
Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
> Stas Bekman wrote:
>
>> Philip M. Gollucci wrote:

>>> cd /usr/home/pgollucci/dev/src ; rm -rf perl-5.9.3-ithreads;
>>> /usr/local/bin/rsync -acv --delete --force
>>> rsync://ftp.linux.activestate.com/perl-current/ perl-5.9.3-ithreads
>> So how come that you get a stale checkout? Are you sure you are
>> building in the right directory?

To answer the above question, I can verify I am building in the write
directory based on the presence of the *.o files from the build.

So I tried again same error.  Let me list the commands and some info.  A
perl -V finishes it off. What the F*** am I missing here as this is
getting old now.

Anyone want to make me an unoffical tarball they know works for this
particular issue, and I will try that one?

All the below info is from an rsync as of 9:55pm EST Saturday August 20,
2005.

cd /usr/home/pgollucci/dev/src ;
rm -rf perl-5.9.3

rsync  -acvz --delete --force
rsync://ftp.linux.activestate.com/perl-current/ perl-5.9.3

cd perl-5.9.3

cat .patch
25309

Some notes:
The last time I did this it was 25216.
The version that Stas said works for him was 25292

Unless I am insane, 25309 is NEWER then both.

make distclean
./Configure -sde \
   -Dprefix=$PREFIX/perl \
   -Darchlib=$PREFIX/perl/lib \
   -Dsitearch=$PREFIX/perl/lib \
   -Dsitelib=$PREFIX/perl/lib \
   -Dprivlib=$PREFIX/perl/lib \
   -Dman3dir=$PREFIX/perl/man/man3 \
   -Dman1dir=$PREFIX/perl/man/man1 \
   -Dsiteman3dir=$PREFIX/perl/man/man3 \
   -Dsiteman1dir=$PREFIX/perl/man/man1 \
   -Dscriptdir=$PREFIX/perl/bin \
   -Uinstallusrbinperl \
   -Dcc=cc \
   -Doptimize="-ggdb3 -O0" \
   -Duseshrplib \
   -Dusedevel \
   -Dusethreads=n \
   -Dusemymalloc=y \
   -Duse64bitint \
   -Dccflags=-pipe \
   -Ud_dosuid \
   -Ui_gdbm \
   -Ui_malloc \
   -Ui_iconv \
   -Ubincompat5005
make all test install

$PREFIX/perl/bin/perl5.9.3 -V [attached]

Thanks in advance.
--
END
                 Nothing is impossible.