perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: failure running tests
Date Sat, 04 Jun 2005 10:53:41 GMT
Vivek Khera wrote:
> I am building up a virgin FreeBSD 5.4 box to test out my application
> under modperl2.  However, it craps out in the "make test" step... Now
> why does it offer to actually run the test when it *knows* it can't  run
> them?

It's a generic Apache-Test stuff. It was added in 1.08. The idea is to
allow users to skip the test suite *successfully* by choosing 'Yes', which
is exactly how A-T will allow CPAN.pm to continue (since in that case
'make test' returns 0=success). But it shouldn't happen by default. That's
why the default is 'No'.

> Also, what is the suggested procedure for installing via cpan if
> it can't be run as root?

Either say 'yes' to the skip prompt or install it manually

[...]