perl-dev mailing list archives

From Malcolm J Harwood <mjhlist-modp...@liminalflux.net>
Subject Re: Scoreboard plans?
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2005 18:56:50 GMT
On Tuesday 21 June 2005 02:28 pm, Matt Sergeant wrote:

> >> I see in the docs there's a stub to return $c->sbh - a scoreboard
> >> handle. Are there any plans to implement this any time soon?
> > Which docs?
> Apache2::Connection - right at the end.

Hrm. I don't know anything about it. Stas might (but he's off travelling the
world at the moment).

> > The update to Apache::Scoreboard should go out later this week (RCs
> > available if you'd like to test).
> I assume it's no different - I already got it to work with a few simple
> changes.

There's a few non-rename related fixes, but otherwise no, it's not a big
change. (Though moving it to the Apache2 namespace might make sense at this
point).

> >> However the entire API is read-only. Is there any way to write the
> >> scoreboard?
> > I don't see why it wouldn't be possible. It's just not exposed through
> > the current Apache::Scoreboard API, as no one seems to have ever needed
> > it. If you want to submit a patch to Apache::Scoreboard feel free. :) I'm
> > not sure what the best approach to providing a writable API would be here.
> I'm guessing just make the getters also setters. Plus it'd have to be
> extended to be able to provide the current ScoreboardWorkerScore. I'm
> wondering if that's the same as $c->sbh.

I'm not sure if it makes sense to have it in Apache2::Connection, as the
WorkerScore is process/thread based rather than connection based. (It does
have connection specific information in it, but it also has more long lived
data).

It should be relatively easy to add such to Apache::Scoreboard though.

--
"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment to
 improve the world."