perl-dev mailing list archives

From Malcolm J Harwood <mjhlist-modp...@liminalflux.net>
Subject Re: Scoreboard plans?
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2005 15:43:09 GMT
On Monday 20 June 2005 05:36 pm, Matt Sergeant wrote:

> I see in the docs there's a stub to return $c->sbh - a scoreboard
> handle. Are there any plans to implement this any time soon?

Which docs?

> Reason I ask is that apache.org has now switched it's mail to using
> Apache::Qpsmtpd - yes that's right - a mail server built on mod_perl
> 2.0 - you guys should be proud of yourselves as it was very easy to
> create.
>
> However the scoreboard doesn't seem to work right with protocol
> handlers. The remote_ip isn't filled in, despite clearly being
> available to the smtp code,

That particular case sounds like an apache-side problem rather than a mod_perl
one. I don't know enough apache guts yet though, and even less about protocol
handlers.

On Monday 20 June 2005 06:05 pm, Matt Sergeant wrote:

> OK, so answering my own question - looks like Apache::Scoreboard
> already works on mod-perl2, modulo a bunch of patches to bring it up to
> date wrt the Apache2 rename.

The update to Apache::Scoreboard should go out later this week (RCs available
if you'd like to test).

> However the entire API is read-only. Is there any way to write the
> scoreboard?

I don't see why it wouldn't be possible. It's just not exposed through the
current Apache::Scoreboard API, as no one seems to have ever needed it. If
you want to submit a patch to Apache::Scoreboard feel free. :) I'm not sure
what the best approach to providing a writable API would be here.

--
Anywhere is walking distance, if you've got the time.
- Steven Wright