perl-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: mod_perl2_current (from today) + EL4 == segfault
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2005 11:09:38 GMT
On Wed, Jun 01, 2005 at 05:09:59PM -0700, Philippe M. Chiasson wrote:
> Ian Holsman wrote:
> > Philippe M. Chiasson wrote:

> >> Sounds like this problem is hitting you too:
> >>
> >> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-modperl&m=111686159013437&w=2
> >>
> > yeah.. I was just about to post that getting a non-LFS build of httpd
> > fixed the issue ;-)
>
> Cool, just happened to be fresh in my memory ;-)
>
> Would be nice to figure out why we don't detect this particular condition
> and at least abort at perl Makefile.PL time. Last I check, we were supposed
> to catch these kind of mismatches.

There is no "conflict" to detect in this situation, really; both Perl
and httpd are built with LFS support, so in theory it should work.

But 2.0.x does not support LFS, people who build with
-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 are playing with fire and should completely
expect everything to burn down around them at any moment.  This
combination is untested and unsupported, and it is known to break in
horrible ways with various third-party modules.

joe