perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: time for 2.0.0?
Date Thu, 19 May 2005 14:54:02 GMT
Philippe M. Chiasson wrote:
[...]
>>it doesn't happen on the same day. If the release goes out a week or wo
>>later it won't make any difference. In fact we may even make another
>>release by that time, fixing any fresh issues if any.
>

> Yeah, quite honestly, I feel more or less the same way. Still afraid some
> little detail will break with this release, and I'd rather have the release
> floating on CPAN for a few days before making an 'official' announce. Could
> end up being 2.0.1 that we announce...
>
> Unless anybody strongly objects to this, I'd have no problem making a 2.0.0
> release and uploading it to CPAN with the simple/usual announce to the
> @perl.apache.org lists.  I can push this release out this evening (late Thursday
> night PST)
>
> I guess after that, we can discuss the content of an official announcement some
> more and get it posted all over the place once we all like it.
>
> Yes/No ?

Philippe, why the drag of yet another yes/no? You've volunteered to put
this release out, you have more than 3 +1s to do that, then just do it.

Given the ~12 hours lags of the mailing list delay since a few days it is
not possible to do any productive work here. So just put it out on CPAN
make the normal announcement i.e. subject: announce mod_perl 2.0.0 and
that's it.

The big announcements in media and printed magazines will follow when
those will be ready.

Ship it already!