perl-dev mailing list archives

From Markus Wichitill <ma...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] mod_perl 2.0.0 (preview!)
Date Wed, 18 May 2005 09:34:21 GMT
Stas Bekman wrote:
>> I've noticed that ModPerl::MethodLookup has again no version number
>> and therefore is back on the update list after a current-SVN or
>> preview installation:
>>
>> cpan> r
>> Package namespace     installed latest in CPAN file
>> ModPerl::MethodLookup undef     0.009
>> S/ST/STAS/mod_perl-2.0.0-RC6.tar.gz
>
> what do you mean 'again' did it ever have a version number?

Well, according to the output of the above command, it does in
mod_perl-2.0.0-RC6.tar.gz.

In DummyVersions.pm, there's

package ModPerl::MethodLookup;
$ModPerl::MethodLookup::VERSION = 1.999023;

I don't know why those numbers differ, but shouldn't the generated module
get a real version number in any case, so that the CPAN shell doesn't think
that all releases on CPAN are newer than the installed versionless module?