perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject PAUSE and multiple META.yml
Date Tue, 17 May 2005 21:17:29 GMT
Hi Andreas,

Was PAUSE fixed to support multiple META.yml files?

As we bundle Apache-Test with modperl-2.0, until now we were excluding the
Apache-Test/META.yml from the modperl-2.0 tarball. But now we need to
bundle things within Apache-Test, so if Apache-Test/META.yml is not
included that bundle will be attempted to be indexed.

So now we will have Apache-Test/Test-Simple/ and Apache-Test/META.yml that
tells PAUSE to ignore the Test-Simple dir...

The only way to workaround this now is to copy that bit from
modperl-2.0/Apache-Test/META.yml to modperl-2.0/META.yml but it becomes
more and more error-prone.

Any plans for supporting META rules in sub-dirs as well? So each level
will only need to govern its vicinity and sub-dirs of their sub-dirs, etc.

Thanks.