perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: Some small fixes...
Date Mon, 16 May 2005 17:30:08 GMT
Nick *** wrote:

>  >Hmm, when you build a static httpd/mod_perl, do you tell apache to use
>  >your preinstalled httpd and not the one in the source. If that's the case,
>  >then your proposal makes a lot of sense, Nick. If not, then it doesn't,
>  >since httpd will be linked agaist libapr it will build by itself.
>  >

> You mean my preinstalled APR, not httpd?
> Currently, if I could use both MP_APR_CONFIG and MP_AP_PREFIX - yes, httpd would be linked
against the apr in the source, but the patch I supplied fixes that.

OK, so that patch forces Apache to use the external pre-installed libapr.
I which case I've no problem with that.

If no one objects to that, we will put it after 2.0.0 release. Again
please ping the list if this doesn't happen.

Meanwhile, could you please write a patch to the install.pod doc that
explains the change?

Thanks Nick.