perl-dev mailing list archives

From "Philippe M. Chiasson" <go...@ectoplasm.org>
Subject [PMX:####] Re: [VOTE] mp2.0.0 next week?
Date Tue, 10 May 2005 04:11:08 GMT
Stas Bekman wrote:
> As RC6 release didn't reveal any significant problems (a few minor bugs
> that are either already fixed or will be shortly), I propose that it's
> time to get 2.0.0 out. I was thinking to work next week to polish things
> and improve docs and get 2.0.0 towards the end of the week/or the
> beginning of the following week.

Sounds like a reasonable path to me. If necessary, I can take up the
release-manager's hat once more if needed, since I have the time to.

I would like to sort out the Apache::Reload segv problem before 2.0.0,
though.

> Besides being long overdue, my personal reason for getting it out now,
> is that I'm finishing my contract with TM shortly and I'll be on the
> road having vacation and teaching mp2 during most of the summer, so I
> won't be able to deal with any post-release problems if it's released
> later. Of course there are others who can do that, but it seems that
> nobody has time nowadays.

Still, we've been on the 2.0 path long enough IMO. There will still be
problems and bugs, but we've always done a good job at hunting these down.

> So please vote. Thanks.

I am definitely +1 for a 2.0.0 release in the near future.