perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject ModPerl::RegistryPrefork => core?
Date Sun, 08 May 2005 04:40:55 GMT
Based on the input I had it looks that many people rely on registry doing
chdir to the script's location. We don't do that in the current registry
generation since this is not working under the threaded env and we want
things to be working the same everywhere. There was a hope that Arthur
Bergman will write the code that will transparently make chdir working
under perl threads, but other than an incomplete prototype and the
perl.com article, we still have nothing to put to use.

So it looks like we should provide ModPerl::RegistryPrefork, which will do
all the things Apache::Registry was doing. I don't remember if there was
something else besides chdir. Any objections?

Not sure what to do about PerlRun.pm though. should there be
PerlRunPrefork too? Most likely this should be the case, right?