perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: additional APR::Status::is_* functions?
Date Sat, 07 May 2005 17:23:19 GMT
Randy Kobes wrote:
> In the t/protocol/ tests, there's some comparisions of $@ to
> APR::Const::ECONNABORTED and APR::Const::EOF made. As such,
> it may be an idea to add and use
> APR::Status::is_ECONNABORTED and APR::Status::is_EOF
> instead. At the present time APR_EOF doesn't have any
> variants:
>   #define APR_STATUS_IS_EOF(s) ((s) == APR_EOF)
> But for consistency with the other uses of APR::Status,
> would it be an idea to add this anyway?

> This would
> also handle possible changes to APR_STATUS_IS_EOF(s)
> in the future.

+1 for ECONNABORTED, as it's already a composite

not sure about EOF (not a composite at the moment), may be ask at apr-dev?

> In the same vein, there are variants in the
> APR_STATUS_IS_SUCCESS(s) macro. This hasn't been a
> problem yet, but should we add an APR::Status::is_SUCCESS
> to be used in place of comparison to APR::SUCCESS?

Hmm, the API starts to get confusing with having two ways. Again I'd ask
@apr-dev if this is essential, but it looks like we need to do it, as it's
again a composite.

Also while fixing docs, please locate the standalone constants in the
APR::Const manpage and add a link to the corresponding APR::Status macros
(and a reversed link to), see the APR::Const::EAGAIN and
APR::Status::is_EAGAIN pod entries for an example.

Thanks Randy.