perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: Apache2::DBI
Date Tue, 03 May 2005 06:29:51 GMT
[CC'ing Ask]

Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> As you know a while back, I ported Apache::DBI to for mp2 RC5.
>
> I haven't heard any feedback from it not even any complaints that it
> doesn't work.. Though I'd say about 100 people downloaded the .tar.gz
> from the access_log.
>
> So my first questions is should I e-mail ask at something other then
> ask@perl.org.

Yeah, Ask has been slacking on the maintainership duties :( Looks like
Apache::DBI just moved from busy people to even more busy people.

Philip, I suggest that you contact modules \at/ perl.org and ask to give
you the co-maintainer PAUSE perms, so you could release this module. It's
been months since Ask hasn't been replying to Apache-DBI emails.

Feel free to CC this list and forward this email to modules \at/ perl.org
so they will act upon it asap.

> My second is what needs to be done to move Apache::DBI to SVN from CVS.

As Robert. The same Robert that gave you perms to the Apache:: modules,
I've owned before :)

> Third, if everyone is busy I could volunteer to upload it 0.96 to CPAN.

Go Philip!

> Thoughts ?
>
> P.S.
>   0.97 can incorporate Apache::Test into the test suite.
>   rather then all of it at once.

Sounds like a plan!