perl-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Foertsch <torsten.foert...@gmx.net>
Subject modperl and the TCP_DEFER_ACCEPT-patch for linux
Date Fri, 06 May 2005 12:12:52 GMT
Hi,

yesterday I have patched my apache with this patch and now I have noticed that
testing mod_perl hangs in t/protocol/pseudo_http. The reason is simple and to
be expected. t/protocol/pseudo_http tests a protocol module that is greeting
the client with "HELO" before receiving any data. Since the patch prevents
accept(2) from returning before data has been received from the client the
connection is not accepted. Hence no piece of code gets chance to send
"HELO".

Maybe it is worth to change the test so that the client must send someting at
first?

I could provide a patch.

Torsten