perl-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>
Subject Re: [TODO] completed
Date Fri, 22 Apr 2005 22:45:47 GMT
On Thu, 21 Apr 2005, Philip M. Gollucci wrote:

> Hi,
>
> knock out 1 of the todo/bugs_apr_ext :)
> FYI: APR::NetLib does not exist.
>
> See attached.
>
> HTH

That'd be nice to clean this up ... I'm wondering
though about having, in particular, apr-ext tests for
   socket.pm
   sockaddr.pm
   brigade.pm
that simply load the modules. In looking at the corrsponding
current form that all 3 of these require mod_perl to do
their work. Might having a corresponding apr-ext test lead
some to believe that these function outside of mod_perl, and
so in this context their presence could be considered
somewhat misleading?

Also, I seem to recall that we had a test just for
APR::Const, but dropped it, as APR::Const was used in a
number of the other tests anyway. The test itself I seem to
remember was just comparing some APR::Const::* to a
numerical value, which may be difficult to maintain, in case
APR at the C level changes the numerical value.

--
best regards,
randy