perl-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>
Subject Re: outstanding rename items
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2005 04:53:47 GMT
On Fri, 1 Apr 2005, Geoffrey Young wrote:

> > hmm, ok.  how about this - we turn off the cron job that updates
> > perl.apache.org so that whatever changes we make during the port aren't
> > shown on the website.
>
> ok, I did this.  at least I hope I did :)
>
> so, you should be free to update the docs in svn as you
> find time without fear that they will propagate to the
> website.  at least that's the theory :)
>
> we'll see what state we're in on monday and go from there.

I think I've changed most of the docs now to use Apache2::*,
rather than Apache::*; of course, there's likely places I
missed. Also, in particular, the porting docs, and those
involving Apache2::compat, should be checked, as there it's
not a straight s/Apache/Apache2/g replace. Also, I'll have
to check more thoroughly if any of these changes resulted
in broken internal links.

I've also started a skeleton (attached) for a document
trying to describe for users the effects of these changes.

--
best regards,
randy