perl-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: [mp2] new ithreads branch?
Date Wed, 20 Apr 2005 18:42:44 GMT
Geoffrey Young <geoff@modperlcookbook.org> writes:

> Stas Bekman wrote:

[...]

>> Me too :) should we call it 'ithreads'?
>>
>> svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/perl/modperl/branches/ithreads?
>
> sounds good.  maybe the unstable- prefix like apreq and the rename did
> is also a good

When making the branches, I used $purpose-$status as the mental
template for naming them.  $purpose was defined in relation to trunk;
$status was an estimate of how much code flux would probably happen
before the branch might be ready to merge/replace trunk.

In this case I'd suggest using "clone-skip-unstable", because
"ithreads" seems too generic to me.  IMO if that branch doesn't
pan out, then rename it "clone-skip-dead" and start a new one,
with a new $purpose, by either copying from trunk or from that
dead branch.

--
Joe Schaefer