perl-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: mp1 -> svn
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2005 19:50:37 GMT
"Philippe M. Chiasson" <gozer@ectoplasm.org> writes:

> Well, I think we talked about this before, and really, mod_perl 1.x
> isn't a branch of mod_perl-2.x.

Right, but its a branch of the modperl project.  I prefer to think of
the subversion repository as community property, and the trunk/ being
the community's current codebase.  Using branches/ for prior releases
isn't a bad idea when you look at things from that perspective.  As far
as the layout goes, IMO its important to maintain consistency between
ASF projects, because it makes life easier for the infrastructure folks.
They have to coordinate list management, snapshots, commit privs & logs,
shell accounts, websites, wikis, etc. for all the projects, and IMO they
do an outstanding job for the foundation.  I think it's goodness to
organize our tree similar to the way httpd & apr have organized theirs.

> But, really, it's trivial to change after the fact if we don't like
> it. I just want to get the infrastructure folks working on this soon.

Or we could try to get more folks working on the infrastructure ;-).

--
Joe Schaefer