perl-dev mailing list archives

From mer...@stonehenge.com (Randal L. Schwartz)
Subject Re: reindexing mod_perl in CPAN
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2005 14:43:41 GMT
>>>>> "Geoffrey" == Geoffrey Young <geoff@modperlcookbook.org> writes:

Geoffrey> we need to do some cpan cleanup as soon as possible.  if I
Geoffrey> understand things properly we need to

Geoffrey>   - remove old mod_perl 2.0 versions (1.99_07 - 2.0-RC4) from CPAN

Geoffrey>   - reindex mod_perl 1.29 and mod_perl 2.0-RC5 so that the files from each
Geoffrey> distribution match their intended namespace (Apache:: for mod_perl 1.29 and
Geoffrey> Apache2:: for 2.0-RC5)

Geoffrey> I'm sure if I got this wrong someone will correct me, but
Geoffrey> that's the jist of it.

Simply request the deletion... in three days, the bad files are gone.
The indexer seems to automatically run in the manner that you speak.

I've had to guide about one person a week about "retro versions",
and they never have to do anything more special than delete old versions
or release new files.