perl-dev mailing list archives

From "Philippe M. Chiasson" <go...@ectoplasm.org>
Subject Re: mp1 -> svn
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2005 22:53:14 GMT
Joe Schaefer wrote:
> "Philippe M. Chiasson" <gozer@ectoplasm.org> writes:
>

>>Well, I think we talked about this before, and really, mod_perl 1.x
>>isn't a branch of mod_perl-2.x.
>
> Right, but its a branch of the modperl project.  I prefer to think of
> the subversion repository as community property, and the trunk/ being
> the community's current codebase.  Using branches/ for prior releases
> isn't a bad idea when you look at things from that perspective.  As far
> as the layout goes, IMO its important to maintain consistency between
> ASF projects, because it makes life easier for the infrastructure folks.
> They have to coordinate list management, snapshots, commit privs & logs,
> shell accounts, websites, wikis, etc. for all the projects, and IMO they
> do an outstanding job for the foundation.  I think it's goodness to
> organize our tree similar to the way httpd & apr have organized theirs.

Makes much more sense, I agree.

So, in that case, that means mp1 would go to:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/perl/modperl/branches/1.x/

Unless anybody strongly objects, I'll get this done thru infra@ sometime
tomorrow.

>>But, really, it's trivial to change after the fact if we don't like
>>it. I just want to get the infrastructure folks working on this soon.
>
> Or we could try to get more folks working on the infrastructure ;-).

I've tried more than once before to offer them help, but they seem to
be happy with their current structure. As long as they don't actually
come up to us and call us 'annoying' or sth similar, I think they are
doing a great job and handle all our needs fairly well.