perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: mp1 -> svn
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2005 17:46:59 GMT
Philippe M. Chiasson wrote:
> Stas Bekman wrote:
>
>> Philippe M. Chiasson wrote:
>>
>>> Hello all. I think it's about time to move mp1 over to the subversion
>>> repository.
>>>
>>> I want to spend a few days in the near future going thru the reported
>>> mp1 problems
>>> and possibly release a new mp1 from it's new svn home if I can get a
>>> few patches
>>> in easily.
>>

>> That's nice, but what about the mp2 stuff?
>

> mp2 stuff has not left my mind either ;-)

Cool

>> Please take a look at the todo list.
>

> Yes, I've looked at it and there are a few things in there I will be
> working on shortly (i.e. the Apache::Reload segvs)

Excellent!

>> There are things of much higher urgency than releasing a new mp1 IMHO.
>

> Yes, I agree with you there. It's only that mp1 has a user base too,
> and I just want to move things forward on the mp1 front, even if only
> slightly. I think there has been enough bug fixes to warrant an
> eventual new release. The last mp1 release was, after all, in October
> 2003.

But the user base is not asking for a new release of mp1. As you state the
last version was released 1.5 years ago, it can wait another month or two.
Let's get 2.0 out and then it'll be the time to get back to work on 1.0.
2.0 is long long overdue, and if you don't mind please help finish the 2.0
issues first. Thanks.