perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r161072 - perl/modperl/trunk/lib/ModPerl/Manifest.pm
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2005 16:49:13 GMT
Geoffrey Young wrote:

> stas@apache.org wrote:
>
>>Author: stas
>>Date: Tue Apr 12 09:43:53 2005
>>New Revision: 161072

>>Log:
>>exclude all threads tests from the distro, too many failures
>

> hmm...  doesn't that make it more difficult for users to run tests if they
> have threading problems?

mp2 is not ready to be run in the threaded environment. Users *will* have
problems if they run threads and having or not having these tests won't
make any difference. So by not having those we at least avoid receiving
bug reports for something that we already know and can't deal with at the
moment.

> I'd be +1 for keeping the tests in the distribution but just skipping over
> them with skip_reason().  the users can run them by simply commenting that
> part of the test out without going to svn.

If you volunteer to handle those bug reports, go for it, Geoff.