perl-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: potential release candidate
Date Sat, 09 Apr 2005 16:50:21 GMT

Randal L. Schwartz wrote:

> Geoffrey> alright, since lincoln is good to go and things (in general)
> Geoffrey> seem to be in good shape, I'd like to roll an official RC on
> Geoffrey> monday, with release to CPAN on wednesday if all goes well.
>
> When you do that, please also remove RC4 from the CPAN (it'll still
> be available on backpan), as CPAN.pm currently wants me to "upgrade"
> my modperl1 "Apache::PerlSections" by installing modperl2.  To be
> safe, all prior RCs should be removed, so that I don't have to ask
> about this again. :)

we'll need to think about the right way to do this, and I'm not sure that
simply removing RC4 is the right way.  maybe, but I just don't know.

mp1 also has some changes, so maybe it's time to release that as well so
that everything is current.  that would sync everything up so that cpan
works as it should, right?

--Geoff