perl-dev mailing list archives

From Markus Wichitill <ma...@gmx.de>
Subject [mp2] PerlInterpScope handler corruption
Date Sat, 09 Apr 2005 12:32:55 GMT
Hi,

has anybody ever really tested or used "PerlInterpScope handler"? Normally
mp2 on worker MPM works well enough for me, at least stability-wise, but if
I enable that potentially useful option, all hell breaks loose when I
simulate a few simultaneous requests via "ab -c 2". Lots of segfaults and
random nonsense Perl errors, probably triggered by memory corruption.

Since I had that option in my httpd.conf commented out for a long time, this
is probably not a new issue, and not specific to any exact Perl or Apache
version.

I'm assuming here that the threading issues talked about recently only apply
to self-launched Perl threads (which I don't use), not normal mp2
interpreter threads.