perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: the issue with APR_HAS_THREADS
Date Fri, 08 Apr 2005 21:28:46 GMT
[subject changed]

[don't forget to CC the list :)]

Philip M. Golllucci wrote:
>> Oops, that's correct. I've reverted that.
>>
>> so what you are saying is that httpd has APR_HAS_THREADS but if you
>> get to load a different libapr which doesn't have threads enabled we
>> are screwed. Right?
>>
> Try this:
> svn co apr
> snv co apr-util
> ./configure --prefix=/apr --don't enable threads
> make all install
>
> cd /back/to/apr-util
> ./configure --prefix=/apr-util --with-apr=/apr/bin/apr-1-config
>
> cd /some/wildly other dir
> svn co httpd
> ./configure --with-apr=/apr/bin/apr-1-config
> --with-apr-util=/apr-util/bin/apu-1-config
> --enable-maintainer-mode
> --prefix=/httpd
>
> cd /another dir
> svn co modperl2
> perl Makefile.PL MP_APXS=/httpd/bin/apxs MP_MAINTAINER=1 MP_TRACE=1
> make
> [error]

I think that means a simple thing. You had Apache first installed with libapr as a part of
it and that libapr was built with threads so the header file was:

  apache/include/apr.h:#define APR_HAS_THREADS           1

now you build a new libapr, and its header files are installed elsewhere. But you still have

apache/include/apr.h from above, and that's the one that mod_perl's build process picks. Is
that the case?