perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: rcfg has changed size in 2.1
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2005 15:38:42 GMT
Geoffrey Young wrote:
> for the record, I just got this from a coredump when trying to use a module
> with 2.1:
>
> #0  0x00348a40 in mpxs_Apache2__RequestRec_content_type (my_perl=0x9d953d8,
> r=0x9dfa310, type=0xa7c9c10)
>     at Apache2__RequestRec.h:27
> 27              MP_CGI_HEADER_PARSER_OFF(rcfg);
>
> I think the "problem" is that rcfg is now a different size in 2.1[1], so all
> the mod_perl code that was compiled with 2.0 doesn't work anymore.
> ordinarily this wouldn't be an issue, except that I last build mod_perl
> against 2.0 so that's what was sitting in my site_lib when I tried to build
> and test my xs extension against 2.1.
>
> is there any way we can check for this kind of thing - that httpd and
> mod_perl.so and RequestRec.so all match, and keep httpd from starting if
> they don't?
>
> --Geoff
>
> [1] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-httpd-dev&m=111213260809492&w=2

We have discussed this issue a few years ago (check the archives), we
certainly need a mechanism to ensure that mmn is matched. Check how Apache
does that. It'll refuse to load mod_perl.so if it was built against a
different mmn than httpd. So all other .so files (not sure about APR*)
should do the same.