perl-dev mailing list archives

From "Philip M. Gollucci" <pgollu...@p6m7g8.com>
Subject svn/modperl2
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2005 07:59:02 GMT
Hi,

I was having some issues having different versions for apr installed for
subversion via the ports and compiling httpd2/modperl2 .... so I rebuilt
subversion from the source tarball 1.1.4 ... apparently there is a
switch to get https support (neon only gives you http)

It annoyed me... but I was still able to checkout
httpd2,apr,apr-util,apr-iconv as you only need https to commit.

Then I got to modperl2 and that worked.... but

svn checkout http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/perl/modperl/trunk/
/home/pgollucci/dev/src/modperl2

Fetching external item into '/home/pgollucci/dev/src/modperl2/Apache-Test'
svn: Unrecognized URL scheme
'https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/perl/Apache-Test/trunk'

Apparently I'm being overuled :)  I checked the website and it does say
https without any mention of http.

Probably not an issue as I'll just recompile my svn correctly(with https
support)... but it did catch me by surprise.  Is this a bug in svn or
intentional on modperls part ?

Thanks

--
END

Philip M. Gollucci
Consultant
E-Mail: pgollucci@p6m7g8.com
URL   : http://p6m7g8.net/Resume/resume.shtml
Phone : 301.254.5198

$Id: .signature,v 1.7 2004/09/05 23:46:37 philip Exp $