perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: svn up doesn't work after svn tree merging
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2005 18:27:59 GMT
Brian W. Fitzpatrick wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-04-05 at 13:56 -0400, Stas Bekman wrote:
>
>>Brian, here is the whole problematic checkout:
>>http://people.apache.org/~stas/mp2-svn.tgz
>>May you will be able to figure out what are the problems by just using it.
>

> For starters, a lot of your directories in the working copy are marked
> as incomplete ('!' in the status line), so something was really broken
> with your working copy... did you run 'svn up' and hit "ctrl-c" a few
> times?

Not a single time. It was bailing out on its own with:

svn: Checksum mismatch for
't/filter/TestFilter/.svn/text-base/both_str_req_mix.pm.svn-base';
recorded: '98aeb94004bfcca1eaa1ca5a11418926', actual:
'81f8253f43f02048a06a3e58e15f3d00'

> Hmm. Somehow t/filter/TestFilter/both_str_req_mix.pm seems to have a
> stale checksum in your working copy... I'm not sure how that happened,
> but when I delete just the TestFilter directory, 'svn up' completes
> successfully on the whole working copy.

Right. I did the same.

> I don't see what might have caused this, but given the busted state of
> your wc, I'd chalk it up to sunspots. :-)

I suspect the checksum mismatch has screwed up the rest of the tree.

Unfortunately that has costed me several hours of work, trying to manually
migrate the tree.